Mainie Gifts - With Love From Australia
Are you looking for the perfect gift to send to friends and family this Christmas?
Mainie has a stunning collection of uniquely Australian fashions and gifts that will suit all tastes and every budget.
Here are our five top reasons why Mainie is the perfect Australian gift:
1. We are Australian. Mainie is a genuinely homegrown, Indigenous Australian owned and operated company with a clear vision to become a leading global brand. We are proud to say that our unmistakably Australian Aboriginal designs are worn by stylish people around the world, who love our luxurious, authentic and unique fashion ethos.
2. We give back to the Aboriginal artists. Every Mainie features an authentic Aboriginal art design that has been ethically acquired and licensed in accordance with the Indigenous Art Code. Under the terms of our art licensing agreements, the Aboriginal artists retain the copyright to their original artwork and are paid royalties from every Mainie we make.
Mainie is committed to supporting Aboriginal women artists from some of the most isolated communities in Central Australia to earn an independent and sustainable income from their own work, and to preserve their traditional cultural heritage for future generations.
3. Mainie’s exquisite wearable art pieces are meaningful gifts. The Aboriginal art designs featured on Mainie fashions are created by traditional Aboriginal women who still live on their ancestral homelands and maintain a strong connection to their ancient languages and culture.
Each Mainie design brings to life a time-honoured Dreamtime story that has been handed down to the artist through many generations of her ancestors over tens of thousands of years. A Mainie is much more than just a stylish fashion statement, it is an evocative and tangible celebration of the world’s oldest living culture.
4. Our gifts are designed to last a lifetime. Mainie offers premium quality fashions created from the finest natural materials including pure silk, Woolmark Australian Merino wool, vegan-friendly Modal and luxurious cashmere silk blends. Every Mainie is destined to become a classic heirloom piece that will be cherished forever. Timeless, practical and versatile, Mainie is truly the gift that keeps giving year after year.
5. Mainie gifts are lightweight and compact making them easy to post. We can arrange economical shipping for your gifts to almost anywhere in the world.
Our fashion collection of lovingly handcrafted silk scarves, wraps and tops, wool scarves and cashmere silk scarves are carefully presented in an elegant gift box, with information about the provenance of the original artwork and the Aboriginal artist’s story.
We also have a great range of men’s gifts with beautifully boxed, handmade silk tie and pocket square sets featuring designs by contemporary Aboriginal artists from North Queensland starting at just $39.95.
To see more of our luxurious, authentic and unique fashions and gifts, please visit our online store at https://www.mainie.com.au/collections/fashion
Mainie is a Supply Nation verified Indigenous owned business and an Indigenous Art Code approved dealer member.
Mainie is the exclusive official provider of Indigenous fashion and apparel to the Australian Pavilion at Expo 2020 Dubai.